This tour is perfect for guests planning on travelling to Hue and adds an opportunity to witness historical aspects of Vietnam where you…
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
This tour is perfect for guests planning on travelling to Hue and adds an opportunity to witness historical aspects of Vietnam where you would otherwise be travelling non-stop. It conveniently fits into any travel plans from Phong Nha to Hue.
Vinh Moc (Vịnh Mốc) is a tunnel complex in Quang Tri, Vietnam, built to shelter people from the intense bombing of Son Trung and Son Ha communes in Vinh Linh County of Quang Tri Province in the Vietnamese Demilitarized Zone. The villagers initially dug the tunnels to move their village 10 meters underground but the American forces designed bombs that burrowed down 10 metres. Eventually against these odds, the villagers moved the village to a depth of 30 metres. It was constructed in several stages, beginning in 1966, and used until early 1972.Thecomplex grew to include wells, kitchens, rooms for each family and spaces for healthcare. Around 60 families lived in the tunnels; as many as 17 children were born inside the tunnels. The tunnels were deemed a success and only a few villagers lost their lives.
- 00AM – The bus will pick you up from Phong Nha Lakehouse before departing for Hue.
- 30AM – Arrive at the DMZ and begin exploring the Vinh Moc Tunnels with a guide to explain the significance of these tunnels to Vietnamese history.
- 00AM – Once the group has explored the tunnels they will continue on to the Ben Hai River Museum. After arriving at the museum, the group will be led on a guided tour of the museum and learn about the lives of the people who lived in the tunnels for extended periods of time.
- 30PM – Tour will conclude and you are free to explore.
- English speaking tour guide
No details found.
No gallery images found.
This tour takes a place over a few hours upon arriving in Hue and is classified as a "half-day" tour.
There is no minimum age for this tour but a lot of time will be spent learning about the history of Vietnam and young children may find themselves getting bored.