This trek spans over 2 days and includes a night sleeping inside a massive chamber below thousands of darting swifts. One of the…
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
This trek spans over 2 days and includes a night sleeping inside a massive chamber below thousands of darting swifts. One of the most captivating ways to explore this breath-taking
Hang En Cave is currently the world’s 3rd largest cave and is quickly becoming one of the must-see natural wonders in Vietnam. Its size will blow you away, and our campsite located within the cave beside a lazy river, will leave you speechless. You’ll examine fascinating fossils in one part of the cave over 300 million year old, and around every corner be subjected to the most picturesque views.
A stop in the ethnic minority Ban Doong Village, set amongst the limestone mountains is a highlight for many, not to mention the pristine jungle, many river crossings, and jovial porter team, made up of local jungle men!
- Day 1
- 8.00AM – Picked up from Phong Nha Lake House Resort.
- 10.00AM – Once a safety briefing at Oxalis headquarters has concluded, the group will depart for the jungle.
- 12.30PM – After hiking through thick forest and passing Ban Doong minority village, the group will stop beside a river to enjoy a picnic lunch.
- 3.00PM – Arrive at and enter Hang En cave and relax while the team of porters organize the camp for the night.
- Day 2
- 8.00AM – Rise to enjoy breakfast and pack up camp before departing Hang En cave.
- 12.00PM – After hiking through the jungle after leaving Hang En Cave, the group will stop for lunch.
- 4.00PM – Reach pick-up point after hiking along a shady path through the river valley.
- 4.30PM – The group arrives back at Phong Nha Lakehouse resort.
- All camping and caving equipment
- English speaking tour guide
- Dry bag to keep any electronics safe
- Basic trekking boots (if you can’t supply your own)
- Long sleeve shirt and long pants (both easy dry)
- One pair of shorts and t shirt to wear at camp (warmer clothes in winter)
- A pair of trekking boots (quick dry preferable)
- Sun hat
- Densely woven calf-length socks,
- Medium size backpack to carry personal belongings and the caving helmet we supply you with,
- Any personal items you may need over the two days (mosquito repellent, toiletries, camera, etc.)