Our guide will bring you into depths of Vietnamese jungle where the lost world of ancient rock configurations can be found dripping from…
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Our guide will bring you into depths of Vietnamese jungle where the lost world of ancient rock configurations can be found dripping from the ceilings, and spending a night under a net of a thousand stars is truly a unique chance to enjoy the real wilderness of this country.
With formations rising like a layer cake of rimstone pools and lush ferns, Hang Tien, or “Fairy Cave”, is truly a unique specimen. Highlights of the tour include gour pools, magnificent formations of cave and caveside waterfalls.
You will also explore extraordinary caves, including Hang Tien Cave – famed for its vastness and magnificent formations. You will not miss the highlight caving activity of the tour – the flying fox.
- 7.30AM – A bus will arrive to pick up the group from Phong Nha Lakehouse to travel to Oxalis’ Tan Hoa office.
- 10.30AM – After going through safety briefing and signing release forms at the Oxalis office and departing to reach beginning of trek.
- 1.00PM – Lunch will be held after spending the last few hour hiking alongside a river and up and down hills.
- After lunch the timeline for the rest of the day is flexible upon arrival at the lagoon, the group’s destination for the day. Enjoy a relaxing swim while the camp is setup by the porter team and enjoy a delicious BBQ dinner (vegetarian options available) before relaxing for the night.
- 8.00AM – Depart camp and head for entrance of Hang Tien 1 after enjoying breakfast cooked by the porter team that morning.
- 9.00AM – Enter Hang Tien 1 and take part in the new flying fox attraction. Hang Tien 1 also features a beautifully patterned ceiling and ladders to assist in climbing as the group treks through.
- 11.00AM – Reach exit of Hang Tien 1.
- 11.30AM – Arrive and head into Hang Tien 2. Hang Tien 2 features many different formations and the group will trek approximately 300m into the cave before exiting through the entrance of Hang Tien 1.
- 12.30PM – Enjoy a picnic lunch before trekking back to the starting point.
- 4.00PM – Arrive back at the Tan Hao office and feel free to have a shower before returning to the Lakehouse.
- 6.30PM – Arrive back at Phong Nha Lakehouse.
- All camping and caving equipment/safety gear
- Dry bag
- English speaking tour guide
- Team of porters
- Water bottle
- First aid equipment
- One long pair of pants
- Two long sleeved shirts (quick dry)
- One pair of shorts
- One t shirt (something warmer in winter)
- One pair of flip-flops or sandals
- One pair of trekking boots
- Two pairs of good quality socks (no ankle socks)
- Change of clothes for after the tour
- Any personal items you may need (mosquito repellent, camera, underwear, toiletries, etc.)