On this demanding adventure, you will trek through the world-class, legendary jungle of the Tu Lan Cave System. You will traverse the Rao…
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
On this demanding adventure, you will trek through the world-class, legendary jungle of the Tu Lan Cave System. You will traverse the Rao Nan River, featured in the Hollywood blockbuster Kong: Skull Island.
You will also explore extraordinary caves, including Hang Tien Cave – famed for its vastness and magnificent formations. You will not miss the highlight caving activity of the tour – the flying fox.
Our internationally qualified team will lead you deep into this mysterious land. Feel safe in the knowledge that you will use high quality safety equipment to help you explore the beauty and diversity of the jungle and its caves.
Two richly different campsites will offer you a picturesque wake-up call every day, and a magical night scene for your dreams.
- 7.30AM – Pick up from Phong Nha Lakehouse and travel to Oxalis Tan Hoa office to collect gear and conduct a safety briefing before heading into the jungle.
- 10.30AM – Enter Secret Cave and marvel in the natural beauty before the group continues trekking to Hung Ton Cave.
- 12.30PM – Enjoy a delicious lunch at the entrance to Hung Ton Cave before exploring the cave for the next couple of hours and swimming out into To Mo Valley.
- 3PM – Follow the guide as you climb through Lom Com Mountain on the way to the La Ken Campsite.
- 4.30PM – Arrive at the campsite and enjoy a quick swim before dinner. After dinner you will easily fall asleep underneath a blanket of stars.
- 8.00AM – After enjoying a hearty breakfast, the group will break camp and head for a nearby waterfall for lunch.
- 12.00PM – After lunch the guide will lead you as you trek through Hungh Nhai Valley before reaching a tranquil lagoon that will be the camp for the night. Rest and relax or swim in the lagoon for the rest of the afternoon before enjoying a delicious BBQ dinner.
- 8.00AM – Breakfast will be served besides the magnificent natural green lagoon. After breakfast the group will break camp and make their to Hang Tien 1 and partake in a variety of activities.
- 11.00AM – Lunch will be had at the exit of Hang Tien 1 before the group continues hiking toward Hang Tien 2 and explore the subterranean world found here.
- 5.00PM – After exploring Hang Tien 2 the group will be transported back to Oxalis’ office where everyone will be able to shower and freshen up.
- 6.30PM – Everyone is dropped off at Phong Nha Lakehouse Resort.
- All camping and safety equipment required
- Dry bag
- Basic canvas trekking boots (if you are unable to supply your own)
- English speaking tour guide
- Porter team
- Water bottle
- Two pairs of long pants and long sleeve shirts (both quick-dry and suitable for hiking)
- One pair of comfortable trekking shoes (if you would like to provide your own)
- Two pairs of good quality socks (no ankle socks)
- A pair of flip flops (sandals) for around camp
- Any personal items you may need (mosquito repellent, camera, underwear, toiletries, etc.)