For those whom a week expedition to Son Doong cave – the world’s biggest cave – is too much, this new 2-day combination…
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
For those whom a week expedition to Son Doong cave – the world’s biggest cave – is too much, this new 2-day combination ‘Hang Va & Hang Nuoc Nut’ expedition tour can be a perfect alternative for your short holiday.
While not physically connected to Son Doong, Hang Nuoc Nut and Hang Va are part of Phong Nha cave system based on their shared water flow. Some explorers even commented that the stalactites and stalagmites in Hang Va are even more beautiful and extraordinary (see pictures below) than Son Doong cave, but you should see and feel it yourself.
These caves were found recently in 2012. To be one of the people who put early human steps into the caves, you will have to hike, stoop through the entrance, use ropes and cross some rivers including the ones inside the caves.
But don’t worry, we provide the very best adventure experiences with every aspects of the trip are carefully planned including delicious meals, the highest safety standards, and friendly and informative adventure guides.
Come and enjoy unique and unforgettable experiences in the caves with our dedicated adventure tours. Although this tour operates 5 times per week, the maximum capacity is only limit number of adventurer per tour, so please book in advance because available places will be filled very quickly.
- 7.30AM – Pick up from Phong Nha Lakehouse and travel to Oxalis HQ to collect gear and conduct a safety briefing before beginning the trek.
- 10.30AM – Enter the jungle and hike to the entrance of Hang Nuoc Nut. The group explores this cave as it widens dramatically the further you explore inside.
- 12.30PM – Enjoy a picnic lunch with ice cold drinks before heading off into the cave for more exploring.
- 3.00PM – We will leave the cave and trek along a jungle path towards where the campsite for the evening is located.
- 4.30PM – Relax and enjoy tea and coffee upon arriving at the camp for the evening and rest before enjoying a dinner served by the local chef. After dinner spend the night around the campfire listening to the noises of the jungle.
- 8.00AM – Before the day begins and the group disappears inside Hang Va cave, everyone will enjoy a delicious breakfast to prepare themselves for the day. For the next couple of hours you will be guided through Hang Va cave, traversing underground rivers, climbing with harnesses and wading through water up to chest deep.
- 1.00PM – The group will head back to last night’s camp to enjoy lunch and rest for about an hour before we trek back to the pick-up point.
- 5.00PM – The driver will drop you back at Phong Nha Lakehouse and conclude your tour.
- All camping and caving equipment/safety gear
- Dry bag
- English speaking tour guide
- Team of porters
- Water bottle
- First aid equipment
- One long pair of pants
- Two long sleeved shirts (quick dry),
- One pair of shorts
- One t shirt (something warmer in winter)
- One pair of flip-flops or sandals
- Backpack to hold personal items
- One pair of trekking boots (if you would like to bring your own)
- Two pairs of good quality socks (no ankle socks)
- Change of clothes for after the tour
- Any personal items you may need (mosquito repellent, camera, underwear, toiletries, etc.).
This tour takes place over 2 days and 1 night. You will depart from Phong Nha Lakehouse at 7:30AM on the first day and return by 5:00PM the following day.
This is an adventurous activity that takes place over 2 days with multiple river crossings throughout. Those with limited trekking experience may find this trek difficult.
You must be 16 or older to go on this trek.