Ruc Mon Cave has only been discovered recently and made available for tours to the public. This makes each tour to this beautiful…
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Ruc Mon Cave has only been discovered recently and made available for tours to the public. This makes each tour to this beautiful area a pioneering moment with very few people having explored this area. Featuring underwater rivers and towering stalactites and stalagmites, Ruc Mon Cave is awe-inspiring.
This tour takes you on a full day of trekking, swimming and climbing as you explore Ruc Mon Cave. The tour starts with a drive through the picturesque Da Deo mountain pass on the way to Yen Phu village where the trek will begin at Yen Phu Lake. The tour continues, passing through Chut Village, a small minority village, until arriving at the mouth of Ruc Mon Cave and having lunch.
After lunch, the tour continues into Ruc Mon Cave with swimming and climbing for the next 15-20km. The choice is up to you how far we continue into Ruc Mon Cave and we can float serenely through the water of the cave river. This tour allows you to explore the four different levels of the dry cave with the use of ladders and ropes, just like the original explorers of Ruc Mon Cave.
After exploring the cave, the group will make their way back to the transport before driving back to Phong Nha.
- 7.30AM – Pick up from Phong Nha Lake House and drive to Yen Phu Village.
- 9.15AM – Begin trek from Yen Phu Lake to mouth of Ruc Mon cave.
- 12.00PM – Enjoy a BBQ lunch that is prepared for you upon arriving at Ruc Mon Cave. Vegetarian options are available.
- 12.45PM – Enter Ruc Mon Cave and begin exploring.
- 3.45PM – Leave Ruc Mon Cave and make your way back to transport at Yen Phu Village.
- 5:00PM – Make your way back to Chut village and enjoy a drink in the beautiful village.
- 7.00PM – Arrive back at Phong Nha Lake House.
- Trekking gear
- Boots (you can bring your own)
- English speaking tour guide
- Long sleeved shirt
- Long pants (preferably quick-dry)
- Woven socks
- Spare set of clothes
- Recommended personal items (mosquito repellent, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, etc.)
No Details Found